“No one ever thinks it’s going to be them.”
DE:CODED is the official podcast from SE Labs.Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify Listen on Google Podcasts Listen on Stitcher RSS Feed
🥇 Winner of the Best Up & Coming Podcast 2021 award 🥇
Show notes for series 1, episode 6
In this episode Simon and Marc focus on the basics of understanding and managing risk. They discuss insurance, how to assess the risk of anything (from dropping a cup of tea on an expensive server to animal attacks!) and touch on ransomware.
Understanding and Managing Risk
We look at the issues from the perspective of executives in large organisations and founders setting up their own startups.
Please subscribe and join the discussions.
Sign up to our newsletter!
- Security advice for startups
- Cyber Essentials, Cyber Aware and ISO 27001
- Deprecated advice
- Scaling security with your company
- Risk registers
- Examples and risk scoring
- Impact and probability
- Insurance company’s guide to managing business risks
- Startup advice
- Ransomware and handling criminals
- Why insurance companies are worried about cyber cover
- Risks with litigation (USA vs. UK)
- De:Coded Cyber website
- Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Aware
- ISO 27001
- Safety around horses
- The ultimate guide to managing business risks
Peek further behind the curtain with DE:CODED Circle.
If you would like access to exclusive, private content from the security testers at SE Labs, please consider applying to join DE:CODED Circle.
DE:CODED Circle is a moderated, vetted community built with the goal of sharing threat intelligence and business-focussed security knowledge to responsible peers.
Please send your comments, questions and concerns to email@example.com.